NEW in 2014!
The Advanced Clinician in Pediatric Dysphagia: Taking it to the Next Level
Day One: Complex cases, Hot Topics
Day Two: Ask the Experts (Bring Your Cases!)
This timely seminar will bring you essential information to enhance your effectiveness as a specialist in pediatric swallowing and feeding and a sought-after member of your team. What makes an advanced clinician “advanced”? It’s not just having information. It’s how you use the information you have, what sense you make of it in light of the big picture, and how you apply it dynamically to each pediatric patient. Correlating co-morbidities, clinical data and the infant/child’s behaviors is at the heart of completing a good differential. Apply critical problem-solving skills to complex cases, explore hot topics in pediatric dysphagia and then discuss your challenging patients with the experts and your peers. Come ready to take it to the next level!
1. Explain the use of system-based differential diagnosis specific to clinical presentation of feeding/swallowing problems.
2. Discuss the dynamic problem-solving process essential to effective clinical management.
3. Apply critical reflective thinking to 5 case presentations
4. List 5 strategies to enhance your effectiveness in your pediatric practice setting.
5. Explain key concepts/challenges/evidence specify to “hot topics” in Peds dysphagia.
6. Complete a differential on your patient using the problem-solving approach discussed.
***attendees are encouraged to bring case study in predetermined format, i.e. written, or on CD/DVD