What a fast year this is! I cannot believe it is already almost May. It is a balmy 90 degrees here today. Staying inside in the air conditioning seems the best to me, though my German Shepherd, Heartbreaker, still seems to have the energy to play ball and enjoy the sunny blue skies☺
I am looking forward to my newest seminar The Advanced Clinician in Pediatric Dysphagia: Taking it to the Next Level coming up soon in the Boston area and Seattle. So many of you have contacted me about finally having access to a seminar like this. We’ve designed it to “feed your mind”, get you thinking and sharpen those problem-solving skills. What makes an advanced clinician “advanced”? It’s not just having information. How you use the information you have, what sense you make of it in light of the big picture, and how you apply it dynamically to each pediatric patient is the key. Correlating co-morbidities, clinical data and the infant/child’s behaviors is at the heart of completing a good differential. We’ll look at case studies, including those you bring on DVD or a flash drive to share with the group and problem-solve
And we’ll discuss lots of current hot topics including:
- Everyday challenges “in the trenches”
- Critical thinking about HFNC (high flow nasal cannulae) and feeding
- Cortical learning underlying feeding/swallowing, neuroprotection
- Use of NMES in pediatrics :Contraindications, risks, benefits, cautions
- “Post-Traumatic” feeding disorders
- Thickening: What do we know? What to do?
- Oral motor treatment in pediatrics: Not just exercise !
- Breastfeeding: What the SLP needs to know
- The “steps” to eating
- FEES in pediatrics
- Enhancing respiratory function for swallowing/feeding
- And more!
……….Come ready to take it to the next level! ……………….
Hope to see you in Boston or Seattle!